iPhone 5 NEEDS Inductive Charging, Damn It!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SomeDudeAsking, Mar 22, 2011.

1. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

The iPhone 5 must absolutely have inductive charging built into the hardware, damn it. If Palm could do it seamlessly years ago, Apple has better well be able to do it now for a premium brand.

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

lmao, i had been discussing this with a friend one day as a joke...my battery had been at 10% and i didn't have my charger, but we were talking about shocking the iPhone to induce it...anywhoo haven't you seen the powermat?

3. SomeDudeAsking thread starter macrumors 65816

The Powermat is an ugly POS that makes all phones bulky. Palm is able to integrate the inductive hardware right into the phone and makes it slick, that's what is required. With the Powermat, it also exposes the screen of the phone with no lip. With the added weight, you are guaranteed to crack your phone in a drop.

For God's sake, my toothbrush can do inductive charging.

4. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

It would be a nice feature for Apple to include but I don't see it being on the priority list at the moment.

There ar ea lot of cool options that we could have.

5. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

:eek:

6. EddyP macrumors 6502

From your mouth to Jobs' ear.

I would LOVE that.

Put it in the iPod and iPad too. Another excuse to upgrade and another "hey this is cool" factor to hook people on Apple.

7. gameface macrumors 6502

A few years ago, a phone as advanced as the iphone was a dream and now you're all uppity that the battery doesn't charge without wires? Man you got a pretty big chip on your shoulder. "The world is so tough, I have to plug my phone into charge it!!!!"

8. SomeDudeAsking thread starter macrumors 65816

I would also like the iPhone alarm clock app to actually work, but I think that is too much to ask.

9. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

My iPhone 4 and 3G alarm has and do work flawlessly everyday for the past 3 years. Never once has it failed to go off, unless I didn't set it, or set it for PM instead of AM (Whoops).

As for inductive charging, are people really too lazy to plug in the damned phone? If it had inductive charging, you'd have to lug around a pad and more wires. Hmm, inductive charging is a fail until they can get it to do it truly wirelessly, which is years away I think.

10. yiyopr macrumors member

You said it yourself buddy... Technology moves fast and a tech company must be swift. Sure the iphone was revolutionary a few years ago (more like 4 years ago), but that has absolute no relevance to what they do now... Are you saying that they should throw in the towel and simply release the same damn phone with a slightly different name and a few crap *ss features? Oh wait they've done that already! 3G --> 3GS

11. yiyopr macrumors member

Well then you don't use it everyday, because the alarm feature in the clock.app failed for EVERY iphone that had an alarm programmed on New Year's day last year. Here is the article: http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/psa-iphone-alarms-not-working-come-new-years-day-2011/

Oh did I mention the problem lasted for 3 days? Until it fixed itself...

12. blubyu macrumors member

13. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

perhaps a cute little Palm Pre would be perfect for you?? maybe a nice pink or purple silicone case?

14. yiyopr macrumors member

NICE you made fun at the guy's comment about the increased size and weight of the phone with the PowerMat case! (sarcasm) However you made no effort to make a joke about the iphone breaking into pieces when you, the big strong man with the huge charging case, drop your phone. Why? Isn't that funny as well?

15. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

As a matter of fact, I do and have used it everyday for the past 3 years. And, as I stated before, it did not fail.... Sorry, but you're wrong and so is that article.

16. SomeDudeAsking thread starter macrumors 65816

You vs. millions of people. I'm going to chose the millions of people.

17. Stein357 macrumors 6502

While it would be nice, I don't think the iP5 needs it. Works great in the stand and you can see the phone while in bed too.

18. yiyopr macrumors member

Ummm and the hundreds of people who commented on the article I sent you, are they lying as well? Because we all know the big bad guys down at the other companies just fabricated the article and made hundreds of accounts on that site (and many other sites that carried the article) simply to make false claims that the alarm didn't work just to make apple look bad! It failed for thousands of people, it didn't fail for you because you set the alarm as recurring. You might say "well then why do I care as long as I wasn't affected". The point is that they made a big mistake on a crucial feature and next time it probably will happen to you...

19. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

You were claiming that it happened to everyone, I was just informing you that it didn't happen to me. No need for your condescending tones. Sheesh man, its just the internet, and I am sorry that mine worked.

20. kdarling, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 47 years ago
    Yeah, and we're too lazy to get off the couch to change channels manually, and we're too lazy to walk a few miles to talk to someone instead of picking up a phone. And we actually let programs sync our email for us :)

Seriously, I and others in my family had Palms, and it was wonderfully luxurious (that's the best description I can think of) to simply lay the phone on its Touchstone charger instead of having to plug in a wire that's otherwise left dangling around the kitchen counter.

No need to lug around anything extra. The Palms also had mini-USB ports.

Heh. Anyone else remember that company a few years back who claimed to have an antenna capable of wirelessly charging a laptop using just the radio energy flying around today?

21. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

This is a good idea and would be another instance where Apple follows which they have been doing a lot lately.

22. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

23. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

LOL I love you

Your experience does not mean everybody else has had a perfectly working phone.

It's not that hard to understand.

24. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

If it works as well as you state, then maybe it would be cool. Im just thinking it would be just another marketing gimmick.

25. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Its not that freaking hard to understand I wasn't saying everyones worked without fail, I was just letting it be known that mine didn't and anyone who says EVERYONES failed is simply stating something that is false.

Its REALLY not that hard to understand.:D