iPhone 5: No 'Ignore' or 'Hold Call + Answer' during phone calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by S.Brar, May 23, 2013.

1. S.Brar, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013

S.Brar macrumors newbie

When I am on the phone with someone and receive an incoming call, it doesn't show the 'Hold Call' or 'Ignore' options anymore. All I hear is a beeping noise to let me know someone else is calling but, but it doesn't show the contacts name and it doesn't give me the options screen. What's even worse is that it doesn't show up on my missed calls list. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: It worked after I turned off my phone and turned it back on

2. coolio93 macrumors 6502

If you have sprint or verizon...then thats the problem. CDMA networks dont handle two calls at once very well. Only T-Mobile and ATT (and other GSM carriers) provide full two person calling functionality.

3. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

I'd start with doing a hard reset on the phone. Do this by holding the "Sleep/Wake" button and the "Home" button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. This just reboots the phone.

If that doesn't work, I'd do a backup and restore of the phone.

All else fails, call Apple.

----------

I have Verizon and I've never had any problems with 2 calls. I switch back and forth all the time between 2 calls.

4. coolio93 macrumors 6502

I never said it didnt work at all...I was saying it doesnt work well and doesnt provide full functionality that GSM provides.

Take a look here. Theres a whole thread about it:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1583346&highlight=conference+call

----------

Also, according to this Apple support document,CDMA carriers do not provide the hold call feature when transferring between calls...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4515

5. S.Brar, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013

S.Brar thread starter macrumors newbie

Me and my brother both have iPhone 5's for Sprint. I just tried on his phone and it gave him those two options. It started working improperly last week for me.

I'm gonna try a hard reset and see if i have any luck. Thanks guys.

Edit: It worked after turning it off and turning it back on

6. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

On HT4515, the CDMA networks do not support Hold which is completely different than Call Waiting which is what the OP posted about. Call Waiting works just fine on CDMA networks and has worked for years. I worked directly for Apple when HT4515 came out, Hold is a different function (performed by pressing and holding the Mute button) has nothing to do with a second incoming call.

To the OP, glad it finally came back up. Sometimes a reboot will fix small things like this.

7. coolio93 macrumors 6502

Aaah ok