Iphone 5 not connecting to MacBook Air

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jwl126, Oct 25, 2014.

1. jwl126 macrumors newbie

Hey guys quick question for you all.

So I recently updated my iphone 5 to ios 8 through Itunes 11.xx.xx and it failed somewhere in the processes so I restored my iphone but it still had the update. It was connecting with my computer fine for the first days after but then it stopped connecting. It would not even charge off my MacBook Air but would charge fine on the wall socket. So after a little bit of research I figured I would update my iphone to ios 8.1 and my itunes to itunes 12. However even after that no luck with the iphone even trying to charge off the Mac. I know for a fact that the usb port works because I have tested other devices on it and the cable itself was the same one I used initially to update and the cable lets me still charge my iphone from the wall. My mac is running OS X 10.9.5, the iphone has ios 8.1 on it and im using itunes 12. I plan to test another cable once I can get my hands on one but other then that does anyone else have any recommendations for things to try. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Walker

2. uchosen macrumors 6502

Strange. Try resetting PRAM on startup on the MacBook Air and see if that does anything.

3. jwl126 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for the recommendation but that didnt seem to work. What do you think the chances of it being the cable are?

4. uchosen macrumors 6502

That's what I was going to say first but you said it still charges from the wall. Got a friend with a cable you could test?

5. jwl126 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried a new cable from my buddy and it worked! Thats crazy I figured sense the cable would charge that it was working but guess not! Thanks for the help!

6. uchosen macrumors 6502

Sweet. Cable is always the first thing to check. :cool: