iPhone 5 not displaying battery usage data

thejusticemoose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Anyone else having this problem or have any advice? I just get the blank battery usage time boxes saying "usage times will be shown after iPhone is fully charged" but I have fully charged the phone multiple times now.

rombo

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
I had to change my clock to 24 hr format to show battery %. With timer,location, ect icons the phone just runs out of room

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Let me ask, when you fully charge your phone, do you ever turn it off/reset?

If you charge your phone and shut it off at all, it will clear the battery usage stats.

casavage

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2008
I am having this problem too. Tried hard reset, drained phone all the way to shutdown and charged to %100 then did another hard reset and still wont work.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
you know when you do a hard reset, that zeros out the battery usage time right?

soft reset retains the usage info. but a hard reset will make it go blank and wont work again until the phone is fully charged to 100%.

so basically, lets say your phone is at 100% and you remove from the charger for an hour. now the standby will say 1 hr, 0 min. hard reboot and look at the usage time and it will have dashes or be blank.

Mellisaray

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2013
Anyone else having this problem or have any advice? I just get the blank battery usage time boxes saying "usage times will be shown after iPhone is fully charged" but I have fully charged the phone multiple times now.
try to reset the system, it will be useful.

Michel Goldberg

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
Oups :
I noticed this since 7.0.4 (that does not mean it did not occur before !).
Do you think it might be dangerous for Data's or hardware ?
It would really bother me to restore tho whole stuff if it is an harmless bug that could be solved with 7.1 iOS update !
What could be the cause ?
Regards.
:confused: