iPhone 5 not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Abba 701, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Abba 701 macrumors regular

Ok so m iPhone 5 fell a few times and is basically not functioning.Apple said they can't do anything with it because it was jailbroken.Now would a store that does iPhone repair be able to fix such a problem.And how much can it cost to fix it? also if I restore the phone to factory via iTunes can I give the store a second chance?

2. dextr3k macrumors 6502

If you can power it on and restore it, then all traces of jailbreak should be gone and you can get an out of warranty repair for like $230 (?).

But if you can power it on and restore it.....what part of it is not functioning?

3. Abba 701 thread starter macrumors regular

At times I can get the phone to work somewhat.But most of the time it just goes the apple logo just goes on and off and will not power on all the way.

4. Abba 701 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok i went to a repair store last week, and they said today the phone has a hardware problem and they cannot fix it.Is there any other way to get this phone fixed.Is there some major outlet that fixes these things? It's ashame that my hard earned money is gone just like that.

5. dextr3k macrumors 6502

If you restored it, then all traces of jailbreak would be removed and apple will fix it for you.

6. Abba 701 thread starter macrumors regular

But the question is will they have a record that I went already with that phone once?

7. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I wouldn't think so. But this is something that can only be confirmed by going in a 2nd time. Unless you end up with the same technician and he somehow remembers you, you should be fine.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Give it a shot.
    Hope they didnt make a note on the particular serial number but I doubt it since the JB is only software that can be restored and not a permanent thing.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Just act dumb if on your second visit they talk about it being jail - broke.

"Ummm whats jail-breaking"

Would be my retort !