Iphone 5 now or wait

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by passey, May 13, 2013.

  1. passey macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    #1
    i'm currently using a galaxy note 2 and am on a stupid contract atm so looking to get out.

    Give it a month or 2 and I will be able to buyout my contract for very little.

    Is it worth waiting until the 5s / 6 is out?

    my current contract is

    £36/m 600mins unlimited texts 1GB data (i always go over data and currently use about 10mins a month + cpl hours magic number).

    I was looking at £36/m 2,000mins, 5,000texts unlimited data including tethering for my ipad. + £49 for an iphone 5.

    So do i wait or do i go iphone 5?
     
  2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #2
    in a couple months, you'll be two, maybe three, months away from a new iphone launch. it's something i would wait for.
     
  3. drb1992 macrumors 6502

    drb1992

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2011
    #3
    Yeah the iP5S will probably come out in September or October, so you might as well wait.
     
  4. passey thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    #4
    Thats what I was thinking tbh.

    found a better plan s well 500mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data (no tethering though) + £99 for iphone for £26 a month
     
  5. midsbloke macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 9, 2013
    #5
    It's unlikely that when the 5s is released that you will get the same deal as that tariff. I reckon on a higher upfront cost and an extra tenner a month.
    You could go for that deal then sell your 5 and buy a 5s in the autumn sim free from apple and put your existing sim in it.
    One thing to consider is if you really want 4g as the 5s is likely to run on all 4g networks albeit at a higher monthly cost I expect.
     
  6. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 68040

    The-Real-Deal82

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2013
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #6
    If I were in your position I would wait. New phones are going to be appearing in the next couple of months as you probably no so its a no brainer.
     
  7. Jare macrumors 65816

    Jare

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2010
    Location:
    Canada
    #7
    Might as well wait for the iPhone 7. I mean, by then you might as well wait for the iPhone 7S. But then the iPhone 8 comes out in only a year after that. Hell, might as well just wait for the iPhone 8S.
     
  8. rMBA13 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 13, 2013
    #8
    I think you should get the 5 now. You will get the iOS 7 update as soon as it is released.
     
  9. passey thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    #9
    lol thats what i was thinking thats y i bought my 2012 imac last month.

    Its just with WWDC only next month i might wait.

    Also can't get 4G where I am in the UK its only in major cities atm and only on EE which is more expensive.

    The data plans here won't really change as there not iphone plans just normal phone plans.
     
  10. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

    Ih8reno

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2012
    #10
    Give it a bit of time is my advice, is it that bad sung a note 2 for 3-4 more months?
     
  11. passey thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    #11
    no not really.

    Just don't want to lose value of it of im going to sell it really soon.

    Im sorta goin apple mad as well

    pc changed to imac
    tablet to ipad
    htpc to apple tv

    Think ive gone apple mad
     
  12. passey thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    #12
    Stage 1 of the plan is complete.

    Rang orange earlier and dropped my plan 1 level. I now get

    1.5gb data
    Unlimited texts
    Unlimited minutes for £31 a month.

    End of next month I will owe £280.

    Hopefully sell my note 2 for around £300 its got loads of accessories and a 64gb micro sd card.

    Then going to sign up with t mobile on the unlimited data plan and it is actually unlimited I checked
     

Share This Page