Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infam0uz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Im not sure whats causing all of this. I sucessfully jailbroke it last night and added some tweaks.. now thought it would be working fine until i stepped out the house and i can only recieve texts and calls but none of the "Internet" Enabled apps such as facebook.. Apps Store.. etc isnt working, even safari, Says NO INTERNET Connection - I have Service which im Under ATT and it works just fine but no Internet Connection

What could be causing this? Help?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You might be in safe mode.

Or else try ejectinf and reinserting sim

----------

ih8sn0w tweets the issue can be solved by a reset network settings

infam0uz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Not in safe mode. I did a network reset, still not working.. ugh i hate this.

I dont wanna be tempted to update to ios7 and jailbreak from there.. :(

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I also jailbroke my iPad2 on 6.1.3, and did so carefully following the directions.
I've jailbroken many iDevices in the past and was surprised when Cydia wouldn't show up.

NO MATTER what I attempted to do to fix ended with poor results. After a couple of hours I ended up updating to 7.1b2 (developer) and rejailbroke.

I didn't want to cast dispersions on this new jailbreak but it flat out didn't work for me- even after downloading Chrome, per the request of the site- and following the directions.

Could simply be anecdotal, and thus why I didn't want to come here crying about it, but I'd pass on this jailbreak for a bit. At least until I read more success stories.

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
Having the same problem on my AT&T iPhone 5. Reset Network Settings does nothing. I heard somewhere about installing APNEdit from Cydia and setting up APN manually. Can anyone walk me through this?

infam0uz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Having the same problem on my AT&T iPhone 5. Reset Network Settings does nothing. I heard somewhere about installing APNEdit from Cydia and setting up APN manually. Can anyone walk me through this?

Since you brought up the feature in cydia about apnedit, i decided to mess with it and i looked online for ATT APN Settings, low behold!

My Internet Data features is working now.

I followed some Steps, Only thing i was putting in Phone under APN for Celluar Data and Under MMS Apn as Phone.

Everything seems to be working now, give it a try!

pvhf.png

looked thru this:

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/for...e-id/208338/print-single-message/false/page/1

Last edited:

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
Since you brought up the feature in cydia about apnedit, i decided to mess with it and i looked online for ATT APN Settings, low behold!

My Internet Data features is working now.

I followed some Steps, Only thing i was putting in Phone under APN for Celluar Data and Under MMS Apn as Phone.

Everything seems to be working now, give it a try!

looked thru this:

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/for...e-id/208338/print-single-message/false/page/1

Tried it and still nothing for me. :/

----------

And @iH8sn0w just posted this... can anyone translate exactly? :eek:

https://twitter.com/iH8sn0w/status/417829032261341184

infam0uz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Tried it and still nothing for me. :/

What i actually did first was click "Reset Settings" then i entered the info in, the Celluar Data APN would be lowercase while the rest Is all Cap "P"

for some reason i got it to work, the screenshot provided is what i entered and got it to work maybe put it in then do a reboot

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
What i actually did first was click "Reset Settings" then i entered the info in, the Celluar Data APN would be lowercase while the rest Is all Cap "P"

for some reason i got it to work, the screenshot provided is what i entered and got it to work maybe put it in then do a reboot

Tried all that, and still nothing. :( Thanks a lot for trying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.