Iphone 5 on ios 6 won't vibrate when wrong passcode is entered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cnotes2019, Jun 24, 2014.

1. cnotes2019 Suspended

All my iPhones from 4s on ios 5 to 5s on ios 7 all vibrate when the wrong passcode is entered to get into the phone but never my iphone 5. I'm Turing to get a cydia app called igotya to work on this device but it won't at all. Any help would be appreciated :)

2. cnotes2019 thread starter Suspended

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's Apple's way to tell you to update iOS. Have you checked to make sure that vibrate is turned on within setting and that the switch on the side is set correctly?

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Oh sure. If he wants to go to iOS 7.

How is that helpful if he wants to stay on iOS 6?

Or were you joking?

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I know you used to be able to use iOS 6 shsh blobs to restore which is what I meant. I've been out of the jb community for a while though but I thought it was still doable!

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, those days are gone.

If you have an iPhone 4 and complete blobs then it's possible because of a bootrom exploit which does not exist in the 4s and above.

But two other issues also happened. 1) Saurik dropped the ball on SHSH when he didn't notice early on with iOS 6 that Apple changed some things. By the time he discovered the problem things had progressed far enough that they had become unusable. Most of iOS 6 blobs captured by Cydia's servers (and saved locally) aren't complete and even if they were, because Apple changed things you can't use them now.

2) Apple changed authentication processes with iOS 7. Apple does not use SHSH anymore, so there's nothing to work with if you wanted to go from say 7.1.1 to 7.0.4.

In short, that whole era is over. You had best be sure you really want to update now.