Iphone 5 on ios 7.0.3 cannot connect to wifi?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GrannySmith123, Jan 18, 2014.

1. GrannySmith123 macrumors member

Randomly today, my iphone will not connect to the wifi. It just disconnected, and said "incorrect password" even though I am 100% certain it was the correct password. Here are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Reset my internet password and tried new one

2. Reset network settings

3. Reset my iPhone

Every other device in my house seems to be connecting to my internet properly so it has to have something to do with my iPhone. What the heck is wrong? Why is this issue coming up randomly?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm not sure what you mean by "Internet password" but I assume that's the password on your wifi network. I do think there are random password issues in iOS 7.

When you say "disconnected" does that mean you had joined the network (password worked) and then dropped off the network and the same password would not allow you to rejoin the network?

If you are able to connect to it again, use "Forget this Network" and rejoin. You may need to *briefly* remove the password from the wifi network. I'd also reboot the router.

Also, does anyone have admin access to the router that might be playing with you? :)

3. GrannySmith123 thread starter macrumors member

Finally got it to work. Nobody has admin access except for me I am certain of that.

I have no idea what all that was about. Thank you for the help though!

Weird how this happens to me at random times. I wonder if it's an issue with the software.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

This happened to me! It was my Internet router. I know what you going to say... Everything else works. Well that's part of the cycle it keeps getting worse. What I was doing was unplugging the wifi router and pluged it back in. Then it would work for a little while so I would do it again. That's when I bought an airport express everything works wonderful now.

6. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

It is a good thing that you figured it out... It happens to me a lot and it gets really annoying so I normally reset my modem&router and then I can get back on the Wifi