Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How much do you give iOS 9

• 1/10

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 2/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3/10

• 4/10

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 5/10

• 6/10

• 7/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mac-lover3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2014
Belgium
Hello everyone, we probably had all the betas of iOS9 (GM not included) so i'm curious about how your battery life, performance and stability has been.

My general experience has been okay let's say (7,5/10). Battery life is alright with almost 5 hours of usage (music, text, phone, safari,.. -casual things-). Performance has changed A LOT beta 1 was really a mess with glitches and slowdowns (excepted of course) but we came a long way and know for me at least it runs better than it did on 8.4 or any version of iOS 8. Stability has been very variable which is also logical but no since 2-3 betas absolutely no boot loops etc.
iOS 9 is just good with the last remaining bugs that hopefully will be fixed before public release.

Feel free to share your experience certainly if you don't use iPhone 6/+

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
On my 5 I've gotten better battery than 8.4. Not by a huge amount, but noticeable. It's got it's glitches and the app switcher can be choppy but I'm very impressed and excited for a final release.

Reactions: BrodieApple

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Honest answer? 10/10.

When I had my 3GS, iOS 6 took a chainsaw in a hand, drill in the other, crushed and killed my iPhone 3GS until its last drop of blood, and threw every last piece of it in a coffin that's been dropped in a tsunami. This is a nice metaphor to explain how un-usable it was.

Now, I find myself having a 3 years old device, and iOS 9 runs more smoothly than any other iOS version ever? This is a dream come true.

PS: My comment is solely about smoothness, since you specified "iPhone 5". Please, don't get me started on the bugs...

lolbie

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
I want to know if on iPhone 5 it's slower and worth it if it is to upgrade.

I am running Ios 9.1 beta on my iphone 5, to be fair it is running better then ios 8.4.1 and the battery lasts as long as with ios 8.4.1. On a good day even longer :)

In my opinion the reaction time of clicking on a app is smoother, multi-tasking is smoother ( new emoji's are cool )

so it will be worth to upgrade your ios :)

sergiuvl

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2015
Hello iphone 5 users!
From what i ve seen so far on the web and reading other people s reviews i will not instal ios 9 on my iphone 5. I will stick with ios 8.4.1 since its working just fine. Bare in mind that in the future if you want to sell your 5 with ios 9 on ,it it will be more difficult.
Thanks for the video review! Very useful

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
I will hold off on voting as I just downloaded it last night on my iPhone 5. It took about 25 mins and I did it over the air. So far it running better, I've noticed the typing is much more accurate and auto correcting much much better. I think iOS 9 will be a lot better than 7 and 8 were.

I'm amazed that my phone is working so great after going through so many iOS's.

thebro20

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
I am running Ios 9.1 beta on my iphone 5, to be fair it is running better then ios 8.4.1 and the battery lasts as long as with ios 8.4.1. On a good day even longer :)

In my opinion the reaction time of clicking on a app is smoother, multi-tasking is smoother ( new emoji's are cool )

so it will be worth to upgrade your ios :)

i completely agree with this. i have an iPhone 5 and feel the same way about iOS 9.1 beta

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Hello iphone 5 users!
From what i ve seen so far on the web and reading other people s reviews i will not instal ios 9 on my iphone 5. I will stick with ios 8.4.1 since its working just fine. Bare in mind that in the future if you want to sell your 5 with ios 9 on ,it it will be more difficult.
Thanks for the video review! Very useful
Complete finger in the air guess that this will be the case. I've read plenty of posts from folk saying their iPhone 5 is fine with iOS9 and mine is fine as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.