Iphone 5 on Oct. 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilsaa21, Sep 9, 2011.

1. lilsaa21 macrumors newbie

Like many of you, I am desperately waiting for this new gadget to come out. Over the past 2 or 3 weeks I have been searching all throughout the internet on new info about the future product. Some talked about a sept. 7th announcement (which never happened). Although Apple has not said a word about the upcoming phone (if it indeed exist), people from all over the world are speculating about this release date, which we now expect to be sometime between late september and late october. But no exact date ha been confirmed yet.
    Yesterday, I read a column about a person stating that apple had changed their shipment time frame to 1-3 days rather than the usual 24 hours, which has now been updated to nothing. After reading the article, I opened a new tab in my browser and directly checked the Apple website, and confirmed this "rumor" with my own eyes. The first thing that came to my mind is what about at&t's website? Is it, just like apple's, not giving us a time range on shipment either? I could not find a single detail, confirming the speculations that Apple is running out of stock and therefore is preparing to release the next generation iPhone.
    Because I am very curious, I decided to be insistent and thus, I tried creating a new package as if i was becoming a new at&t customer coming to buy a brand new iPhone 4, and since I lost my last phone falling into a pool, I immediately checked out the mobile insurance box. But my curious mind insisted on making me read the terms of service and what do i see written in the first line? this curious note: Effective Oct. 4, 2011, the premium will increase to $6.99 per enrolled mobile number. Could we expect the new iPhone to come out then? or maybe at some point through that same week?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. blunti macrumors 6502a

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I love meaningless tidbits of info regarding this mysterious device. I really do. :eek:)