iPhone 5 on Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xelaetaks, May 6, 2011.

1. xelaetaks macrumors member

Anyone have any idea or predictions if iPhone 5 will be released on Verizon when it is announced or do you think it will follow a year after the iPhone 4 was released through Verizon?

I ask because I am eligible to a phone upgrade in two weeks and debating if i should get the 4 or wait for the possibility of a 5.

Thanks. :apple:

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

3. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

Nobody knows anything.. all just rumors and speculations.

4. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

5. mr0c macrumors regular

mr0c

well the "rumors" has it that the next version (I refuse to believe it will be a 5, rather a 4S) won't be until Sept/Oct time.

as usual if you're happy to wait until then, then wait ...

of course there should be a better idea of actual releases (or more rumors) by Sept anyway ;)

6. jonter19 macrumors member

While no one knows for sure, I definitely think that AT&T and Verizon will be released same time.

There are rumblings that the new iPhone will contain a chip capable of GSM and CDMA. If this is true, there would be no reason for releasing them on separate dates.

7. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I'm going to guess, yes.

For example: The white iPhone was released on both ATT and Verizon... I don't think they'll hold one network.

8. dougeefresh macrumors newbie

I debated over the same issue last week and just got an iPhone 4 white. If I were to wait for every latest and great phone I would never be able to buy and enjoy it.

With all the rumors and not knowing exact specs, I figured I would enjoy how many months or a year until 5 comes out then decide whether it's worth upgrading (if so, sell the current phone and get the new one). For all I know it may not be enough to justify an upgrade (mainly looking for larger screen, dual-core AND LTE).

But for now, I am loving my new phone :)

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

I have it on good information that VZW will not be getting a new iPhone. Ever.

10. xelaetaks thread starter macrumors member

Ok, fair but in this case it could be the difference of waiting one-two months for a free phone upgrade.

11. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Of course it is, It would be absurd for Apple not to. It's probably one of the reasons why it was delayed until the end of the summer.

12. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Yeah I was told the same thing from my VZW contact.