iPhone 5 or 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Computingwarren, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Computingwarren macrumors newbie

Hey all. Recently decided to leave verizon and my note 2, for t mobile. My uncle had an old iphone 4 that ive been using but it's just too slow for me. I was thinking of moving to the iPhone 5 but have heard rumors of a 5S. Should I wait or get the 5 now?

2. miltonbull macrumors member

miltonbull

If you have a working 4 now I think you should wait. The 5s should come out within the near months, but of course I don't know that for sure :) the iPhone 5 I think is a big upgrade from the 4. The larger screen and performance is great so that a good choice if you can't wait.

3. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Unless the iPhone 5S is going to have an upgraded chip from the A6 then I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead and get the iPhone 5.

4. macalec macrumors 6502

I would say if you need one now get the 5. However if you are having no issues with you 4, just wait a few months.

5. domm29 macrumors newbie

Id recommend sticking with the 4 until the new iphone comes out.

If you still want a 5 rather than a 5s you will pick one up alot cheaper because a lot of people will be selling their 5's to buy a 5s :D

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I upgraded to the 5 from the 4 in December. It's a BIG improvement. Now, if you had the 4S I would've told you to hold out because it's basically no different than the 5.. Only thing you're getting with the 5 vs. the 4S is a bigger screen, and LTE service.

Since we don't know what's going to happen with the 5S (new features), I would say get the 5.. Most likely all it'll have is a new processor, some new feature that may or may not be on the 5 and probably a new camera.