iPhone 5 or iOS5 question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sqa4life, Jun 27, 2011.

1. sqa4life macrumors regular

So, I heard the iPhone 5 will be released in Sept?

I want to upgrade, but I want to make sure that I'll be able to assign special (specific) alert for emails like I can do in Blackberry.
    For example,
    1) I want all e-mails from macrumors to play "who let the dog out" ringtone that I created and I want it maximum loud and vibrate.
    2) I want all e-mails with the word "outage" in the subject line to vibrate only.

Can we do that in iphone 5 or iOS5?

2. iphone5expert macrumors newbie

it will come on september

There are so many sources which claim it will come on September and there was prediction that it will be on 7th of that month

3. Biolizard macrumors 6502

The iPhone is unfortunately not that fine grained when it comes to emails. You can assign one tone and that will play for all mail, or you can just vibrate, or both, or none.

Whether the iPhone 5 or final version of iOS will bring such functionality remains to be seen, but to be honest, Apple's enterprise strategy is a bit half-hearted; they claim to be going after the corporate sector, but it's features like the one you want that make BlackBerry the better choice for you at present if you want that level of control.

4. sqa4life thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks everyone for your input.

Will wait and see if Apple will implement that email tone/alert feature in iphone 5. If not, I'll stick with Blackberry.

iPhone could kill RIM if Apple include such features like BB and don't think it's that tough to implement