Iphone 5 Otterbox Case Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by marcongj, Sep 24, 2012.

1. marcongj macrumors member

So I bought an otterbox case off of amazon previous to the IP5 coming out, and I got it the day before launch in the mail. One of the things I noticed is that on the case it said case for "New Iphone" The case is great fitting and everything except for one part. The part that I am having a problem with is the cover for the new lightining port. The cover for the headphone jack works great, but the lightining cover just flaps around and wont stay in the same spot. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem as well.

2. neotope macrumors regular

I would contact Otterbox, if anything my lightning cover is too hard to get out but it definitely does not flap around.

3. mateo124 macrumors regular

Lol I can't seem to open mine. I would definitely see about getting a replacement. Otterbox CS is the best in the business

4. marcongj thread starter macrumors member

I got in touch with them, and they said I have to wait a month.

5. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

Dont bother with Otterbox as they will just tell you to return it to Amazon....

I had issues with the BestBuy one I bought and I was told to return to BB and repurchase....

6. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

7. Sgt93 macrumors 6502

Sgt93

My wife said Best Buy had a bunch of Commuters and Defenders in stock. I should have just picked one up at the store instead of ordering.

8. Martyrd0m macrumors regular

Martyrd0m

Ive never bought an Otterbox directly from them and they've always handled warranty returns without a problem.

9. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

usually they are great but they said with the new IP5 that i should return it to BB... I found it weird as well

10. macandkanga macrumors newbie

I bought the black defender. I had the older model for the iPhone 4. The port covers for that one was good when new but eventually they got soft and wouldnt stay. This one is a lot better! Not as rubbery. It feels lighter and a little stiffer overall. The port covers are great. Picked up at ATT store for $50 yesterday.