IPhone 5 overheating now unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlynnmck, Aug 24, 2014.

1. jlynnmck macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was recently playing basketball with my iPhone 5 on my arm band. my phone then turned off and then again later went to a frazzled screen so I then proceeded to turn it off. about ten minutes later i tried to hold the home key and start button for a restore, no luck. upon returning home I plugged it into my Mac which proceeded to tell me it was trying to restore factory settings, but during the process the phone was unresponsive. It would not move past the apple logo to load an data on the line below. now the next day after allowing my phone to sit untouched I can get no connection or activity whatsoever. Can anyone help with this issue please?

Thanks in advance

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Why don't you take the phone to an apple store and get the phone diagnosed?

Could have impact damage or sweat damage.

3. jlynnmck thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the input I had not considered those types of damage. at the moment I live in a community that is outside of a major centre with an apple store and my working hours does not enable me to do so, but your reply is appreciated.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

I understand. It's possible the iphone overheated in addition to some penetration by sweat. However, unless the phone is somehow diagnosed you won't know.

There is a water strip near the sim tray, might want to remove the sim tray and see if the water strip was tripped.