Iphone 5 Pixels - screen door??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by socalsurfer, Mar 6, 2013.

1. socalsurfer macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2013
    Ok, I had an iPhone 4 for 2.5 years and NEVER saw this happen before - it's a totally new thing I noticed after a few days with my new iPhone 5.

I sometimes see pixels or a "screen door" effect on my iPhone screen. I can see it in all different apps, on photos, etc. I will forget about it, but then I will see it again. I'm not holding the phone any closer than I did my 4.

It is more apparent when the phone is moving, like I pick it up and look at it or something, or tilt it back and forth.

I took it in to a Verizon store just to look at the display phone, and I didn't see it happening on the display phone. But I DID see it happen on the employee's personal phone even though he said he couldn't see it himself.

Anyone have any experience with this? Or hear of it? I could take it in to the Apple store I just don't want them to think I'm crazy.
  2. yeahdude macrumors newbie

Mar 18, 2013
    I've noticed the same thing just recently. It's definitely more apparent when you have the screen brighter. I compared to my friends 4s and although the 5 is brighter the 4s is smoother with out the screen thing going on. I don't remember seeing it when I first got my phone in December.
  3. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2013