iPhone 5 Power Button Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liverpool-FC, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Liverpool-FC macrumors newbie

I know about the problem Apple had with the power button on the iPhone 5 and checked my serial number to see if I qualified for a repair, I did. However, the employee at the Genius bar that dealt with me said that my phone was unable to be fixed. It was determined through some app that they downloaded onto my phone (that check for faults.) I was told that there was a problem inside the iPhone that would prevent me from getting it repaired. I wasn't offered any detailed explanation about the problem despite asking. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do next? Just stump up for a new phone or withstand the assistive touch?

Thanks.

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Seems like you need to push more to get a better answer from them as to why they can't repair it, and what the problem is. Talk to a manager if you need to. Be polite but insistent on getting an answer.

Of course, all bets are off if you've had your phone fixed or otherwise modified by someone other than Apple... That's not the case, is it?

C

3. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 is four model years old now. Even if you qualify for the program if the purchase date was more than 3 years ago it is not covered. If the phone has other hardware faults it is also not covered. I would just upgrade, the iPhone 5 had a good run.

4. Liverpool-FC thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, never had anyone touch my phone besides Apple, this is the only problem I've had since I bought it and just went to Apple for the first time today.

I was told that I was eligible and covered for the replacement (mentioned something like "quality control program.") iPhone 5 has had a good run and mine is working very well bar the power button.

5. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Then I would go back, and be more insistent on getting a response. You can also try phoning Apple Support, and explaining the situation to them. See if they can give you a better answer.

C