iPhone 5 - Power Button seems to be sticking.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PAJUSTIN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. PAJUSTIN macrumors newbie

The power button on my Iphone 5 is sticking. If you look at the power button closely you can tell that half of it is stuck down. So i have to press it numerous times to lock my screen. Also some times when it gets really stuck it just turns the screen on and off continuously until I hit the power button again. Has this happened to anyone else? I guess I will take it to the Apple store this weekend and see if I can get it replaced. Thanks..

Justin

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It's happened to a lot of people. If you're under warranty or have Applecare, it shouldn't be a problem to get it replaced.

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It's a common issue with iPhones in general. It happened to my old iPhone 4S and it's happened to my dad's iPhone 5. If your phone is still under warranty, go to an Apple store and they'll likely replace it for you. If you're not near a store, give them a call.

4. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

Yep, it happened to me. I took it in and they gave me a new phone. The Genius commented that it had happened to his first iPhone 5, too.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno