iPhone 5 preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macs4u, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Macs4u macrumors regular

Hi,

If the iPhone 5 is introduced on the event on the 4th of October and its going to be made available approx 15th October as per rumors, will they start taking preorders on the 4th? If so will it definitely be delivered to me around the 15th?

Im in the uk by the way

Matt

2. drnen macrumors regular

The same response that id direct to 99% of the forums started over the last few days- we don't know. Wait til the 4th. Everyone is acting like 7 year olds on the night before xmas- cant sleep because santa is coming.

3. forcetactic macrumors 6502

To add to this post, if the primary account holder (Northern California) is not in the same city as the person upgrading on the family line (Southern California), can the iPhone be preordered and delivered directly to SoCal?

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

Let's just say last year, I had one iphone 4 going to Maryland, one iPhone 4 going to S. Florida and one iPhone 4 going to Orlando. All were on my account. All iPhone 4 delivered at the same time in 3 different locations on my account.

So you won't have a problem with the preorder.

5. nathanlloyd macrumors member

Apart from the fact that the guy is in the UK and we get hardly any units sent over.

We had the issue with the iPhone 4. On day of release it sold out nationally and if you had them pre-ordered you had to wait.

I'd recommend queueing on DOR.

6. thrill5one6 macrumors regular

thrill5one6

Announced Oct 4th
    Pre order Oct 7th
    Release Oct 14th

7. Macs4u thread starter macrumors regular

Such a friendly, informative and, above all, a mature reply. your a credit to macrumors! :rolleyes:

P.S This is called MacRUMORS for a reason. if it bugs you, why contribute?

Matt

8. LeftOver macrumors newbie

Just tried to pre-oder at AT&T

I logged into the AT&T online to upgrade my phone @ 4:40 PST. I did the sales assist "chat".

Here is the transcript.

Roselyn: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?
    Mr. Leftover: Can I pre-order the new iphone?
    Roselyn: I will be happy to assist you this evening.
    Roselyn: There is no ordering or pre-ordering for an iPhone 5. Apple who is the manufacturer has not announced nor released any information on an iPhone 5 at this time.
    Mr. LeftOver: Okay, thanks for the information. I will try back later
    Roselyn: Thank you for choosing AT&T. Have a great day.

Looks like AT&T is calling it the iphone 5, I only asked to pre-oder the new iphone.

9. LivingLarge macrumors member

That's cool, thanks for sharing that! I would definitely love to pre-order one as well when we are able to. Let's all hope we get that option like someone said above around October 7th or so, for a Oct. 14th delivery :D

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Everyone can go back to the same threads when the iPhone4 was introduced and get the same questions answered they are asking today.

Not everyone is going to get their phone on day one, this is a fact.

----------

Why would you do the Sales SUpport thing, they are usless.

11. drnen macrumors regular

yeah there have been lots of responses like yours around here lately too. My contribution is a last ditch hope to bring sanity back to the forums. If you'll read it again, i actually wasn't unfriendly. Its a rumors site, yes, but what do you expect to get out of this thread? Its something no one on here is possibly going to know. Would you like a rumor or just have someone make up a date and throw it at you because thats all you'RE going to get here.

12. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

No kidding... people are so retarded.
    Lets just make the OP happy and answer him with a made up information. Then he can distribute that information and spread it all around this forum.

Haha.

----------

She is probably so used to others ( media, forums like this one, blogs ) calling it an iPhone 5 that when the new iphone subject comes up, her automatic response is new iphone = iPhone 5...

:)

13. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

You receive negative responses because your topic has been asked/posted dozens of time. Why not take a minute to read through the board instead of starting a new thread?