iPhone 5 privacy screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tymaster50, Dec 8, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Never had one before, picked up a $10 one from the mall to use on my white iPhone, I have to say the white of the home button and earpiece cut out stand out but hey can't do anything about that lol. But is the screen supposed to look a little fuzzy? And that it's completely unviewable when used from a distance but people closer can kind of make out that the screen is on right? Just wanna make sure it's working properly, is there any difference between this non-name brand one and the one from Zagg besides the warranty?

2. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

I think they will look a little fuzzy no matter who you use. To my knowledge, it is a polarized screen so there is a structure to the screen that allows light to pass through when viewed right on, while blocking light when viewed from an angle.

I had one on a work computer and you could see little squares at certain angles up close.

3. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

I had one of those for my 4s...it was fuzzy and sucked.

Just sext in a corner instead. lol

4. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I kinda wanna take it off but it makes the front of my phone look really cool

5. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

I couldn't stand the fuzziness and took mine off, what a waste of money on my part! i'd recommend to keep it on a little longer, you may get used to it.