Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryhno45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Hello everyone! :)

I am having an issue with my iphone. I downloaded a tweak on my iphone and now I cannot get it to work. :(

The iphone starts and the apple logo is displayed. Shortly after, the screen changes (becomes brighter) and then becomes dimmed. The apple logo is still displayed however nothing happens.

My device is jailbroken, but it seems that I am having trouble booting into safe mode. ( I am trying the volume-up button.)

Any advice? Thank you!

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for the response!

I tried once again, however nothing.

I downloaded semi-restore, but it is not recognizing the device:(

I've heard horror stories about semi restore, if I had to do it again, I would install ilex rat

ryhno45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Ok so it turns out that I am able to get Itunes to see that their is a iphone connected. I can also use IExplorer to venture around.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Why not just try safe booting and uninstalling the tweak?

Reboot the phone, hold down the volume up key until the phone boots to the lockscreen (if you have a pin) or the springboard.

Open Cydia, uninstall the tweak that caused the problem. Reboot.

Or have you tried this and it's not working?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Why not just try safe booting and uninstalling the tweak?

Reboot the phone, hold down the volume up key until the phone boots to the lockscreen (if you have a pin) or the springboard.

Open Cydia, uninstall the tweak that caused the problem. Reboot.

Or have you tried this and it's not working?

Post 3 - looks like thread starter tried this.

@Threadstarter - is this a legitimate tweak (because those can generally be easily removed in safe mode) or did you obtain it in some other manner ?

It's the "cracked" apps that can generally screw your phone up so completely that you cannot get it into safe mode.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

@Threadstarter - is this a legitimate tweak (because those can generally be easily removed in safe mode) or did you obtain it in some other manner ?
Uhm, Power Button and Home Button together are just a hard reset aren't they?

My understanding is that a safe boot is the volume up button on boot and not the power and home buttons. Am I wrong?

ryhno45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Uhm, Power Button and Home Button together are just a hard reset aren't they?

My understanding is that a safe boot is the volume up button on boot and not the power and home buttons. Am I wrong?

Thanks for the input.

I tried to boot into safe mode, however it did not work. :(

----------

It's the "cracked" apps that can generally screw your phone up so completely that you cannot get it into safe mode.

I do not think it was cracked a I do not have any other repository other than the standards.:confused:

----------

Found a fix :) :) :) :)

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreakin...6-iphone-5-jb-6-0-1-stuck-boot-logo-help.html

Hope this can help anyone else if they have this problem.

My iphone booted up and within a couple of minutes it showed all my apps. After I restarted, everything looked the same :)

Danimal1313

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the input.

I tried to boot into safe mode, however it did not work. :(

----------

I do not think it was cracked a I do not have any other repository other than the standards.:confused:

----------

Found a fix :) :) :) :)

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreakin...6-iphone-5-jb-6-0-1-stuck-boot-logo-help.html

Hope this can help anyone else if they have this problem.

My iphone booted up and within a couple of minutes it showed all my apps. After I restarted, everything looked the same :)

So what was the app causing the issue?

ryhno45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
My last tweak installed was ClockHide. No clue why this happened as I have downloaded this app many times on different Iphones. Just glad everything is working again :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.