iPhone 5 problems... unsure what to do

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by neildraws, Oct 1, 2012.

1. neildraws macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 from orange and it was delivered the day after release day. I didn't notice any problems with it at first, but have since noticed some issues that others also seem to have had, including a slightly loose and rattling power button and several tiny scratches on the bezel. I haven't dropped it and have been ridiculously careful with it - I haven't even put it down on hard surfaces, I always put it on the soft cover I bought for it to avoid exactly these kind of problems!

I feel like I deserve a replacement but I'm not sure who I even need to take this up with - do I go through orange as I bought it from them, or apple as they make the things? I'd prefer to go to an apple store as it would mean not waiting for the delivery of another potentially faulty phone. But I'm not sure I'm entitled to as I didn't buy it from them...

Any advice?

2. Corzin macrumors newbie

not sure how Orange is, but my cell provider sent paperwork basically saying "if you have problems, go see Apple". I think you'll be fine going to an Apple store to talk to them about it. You bought the phone legitimately, so you should be good.

3. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

You are reportedly not the fist one to receive a scratched iPhone and Apple's official stance is that they are normal.

Chances are they would turn you away in the Apple Store, but this is where I will first go if I were you.