Iphone 5 problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abba 701, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Abba 701 macrumors regular

Ok I so have a problem.Apple will not fix my iphone 5 because they say modifications were made.Now the power button is broken and a friend tols me I should give it another try.It will be the third try.Anyone know what I should say when I go to genius?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

What do you want us to tell you? Has your phone been modified and what were those modifications? If it has, then Apple is not going to fix it as they have already told you, I believe twice if I am correct.

If I am not mistaken, they will have also noted on your file that your phone has been modified and trying over and over is not going to change their policy about not wanting to fix it.

If it has been modified, try going in and being honest with the Genius about it and see where that goes. Only suggestion I could possibly offer you.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can try again but I think they keep a log with all those times you brought it in and when they denied you and for what reason.
    Why don't you just repair it at a 3rd party iPhone repair shop instead?

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP you had a JB iPhone 5 that broke early this year and Apple wouldn't fix it. Then you had a JB 3GS a few months ago that broke and Apple wouldn't fix it. Is this a third one? Either way, are you seeing a trend here?

But to answer your question, how about "I'm tenacious."?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I don't get the trend.
    All my phones have been jb but never had the actual jb cause it to break.
    A few times when I had them replaced was for a faulty home button and a speaker that stopped working.
    Neither had anything to do with the jb. I restored it to stock iOS and brought it in for exchange.

6. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

If your iPhone was Jailbroken, Apple wont touch it with a ten foot pole.

BUT, casting that aside, if your iPhone wasn't jailbroken; what I've found is "If you make a big enough deal about it, they will give in eventually." :) I get my way, sometimes.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

This is the trend: OP skips the crucial step you mentioned every time and keeps getting sent home. :) I thought I was being clever.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    I don't get why people don't restore before going in:D