iPhone 5 questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlackBook88, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BlackBook88 macrumors member

How can I get safari to automatically render pages in desktop view without me having to find the view full site button on the website, and some sites don't even have the option.

Also is it possible to password protect my phones power button? I dont want someone to be able to get ahold of my phone and simply prevent me from tracking it by just turning it off. I know these questions sound simple but I have not found the answer and yes I did search already.

Well any help would be appreciated!

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

There is no way to have sites automatically display in their 'full' version. Websites detect screen resolution and when it detects the iPhone's resolution, it displays the mobile site for it.

Regarding your second question, there is no way to password protect the power button.

3. wepiii macrumors 6502

You can download a 3rd party browser. Try Opera, I believe it has been optimized for the iphone 5 and has an option to load desktop versions of websites... As far as the power option, no, but that's a great idea for a jailbreak tweak!

4. Sneakyfox macrumors regular

Sneakyfox

Chrome browser app has a simply drop down menu with one of the option as 'Request Desktop Site'. It will then reload the page in its desktop format.

I dont even use Safari, even with iOS6 support. Much prefer Chrome.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Since about 90% of the postings here are "iphone 5 questions", it would be helpful to include a descriptive Title.