Iphone 5 rattle normal or battery loose? wtf?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GrannySmith123, Dec 3, 2012.

1. GrannySmith123 macrumors member

So everytime i get a text message there is a vibration sound, then slightly after that vibration you can hear this "click" or rattle noise. It annoys THE HECK out of me since i'm OCD about everything. Feels like something is loose inside my phone and makes it feel so cheap lol. The rattle is also noticeable if you tap on the back or you place it down on a table.

I did have this problem on the 4s which turned out to be normal but I'm hearing these reports that the rattle isn't normal and its a loose battery or component inside the iphone 5?

So i know on the 4s it was normal but this is a new iphone 5 i just got. Normal or should i get it exchanged?

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

Is the sound coming from the battery area or the camera lens area? If it's from the battery area take it in and they will fix it in 5min apparently. If it is coming from the camera area then nothing will be done about it. Technically it's not 'normal' in the 4s or for the 5 to have a back camera rattle, but it such a common fault, that it's 'acceptable'.

3. GrannySmith123 thread starter macrumors member

Its hard to know but whenever it vibrates sometimes there is a rattle. I shake it and there is one too. Very faint but noticeable

----------

My friend's phone has a much less noticeable rattle but it will still rattle.

I dont understand why it rattles when my phone vibrates though. With the 4 it only rattled when i set it down or shook it.