iPhone 5 rear camera doesn't focus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonawand, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jonawand macrumors member

Hi,

So my rear camera doens't focus. I don't know why, when the object is close to the camera it's sharp but when I want to take a picture from objects that a further away is blurry..

When I shake my iPhone there seems to be a slight rattle coming from the camera I suppose?

I have about 1 month warranty left

Will I get a replacement? Or what should I do?

PS
    There is a small dent on the side of my phone which has nothing to do with the camera, but could they make a problem out of it for replacement?

https://qs7pjg.dm2304.livefilestore...HsIHtICH8hq/20140402_150641351_iOS.jpg?psid=1

2. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

It's well documented the slight noise from the camera is normal. The lens is autofocus and that's what your hearing. Only way to know if there is an issue requiring replacement will be to take it to Apple.

3. jonawand thread starter macrumors member

I will go to my local apple store tomorrow then.

I just wonder if they could deny my warranty due to the slight dent/scratch on the side..

4. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

I wouldn't think so. However one never knows until they actually look at it unfortunately.

5. Jamalmartinez macrumors newbie

6. cynics macrumors G4

Can you force it to focus by tapping the screen on the focal point when taking a picture? Do you have a case that covers the camera with clear plastic i.e. lifeproof?

If both are no then take it too apple before the warranty runs out.

7. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

My 5 back camera would not focus and Apple store replaced it instantly when I showed the genius.

8. jonawand thread starter macrumors member

Both are indeed no, so I will take it to Apple

Does Apple still have new iPhones 5? Or only 5s & 5c what would they do with that?

And there's no real Apple Store, it's a Premium reseller / service provider / solution expert