iPhone 5 recovery stuck (low memory on flash drive)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WojtekPio, Mar 28, 2013.

1. WojtekPio macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm over 6 hours of seeking for any remedy that will turn my iPhone to be visible by other soft than iTunes. It starts with simple update which I did unintentionally and after few minutes I got my iPhone stuck. The only way is restoring the iPhone but the point is I have 7 months of photographs of my little doughter. I'm desperate about this. Folks at discussion.apple.com said that's impossible to recover. Maybe you have the same situation as I had and you could help me. I'm thankful for any advice.

Best,
    Wojtek

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's been my experience that once it goes into that mode, no software is going to see it. The iOS and file structure are blitzed from what I can tell. I suppose you could try something like ifunbox or phoneview to see if it's only the iOS that is screwy and the media directories weren't fried but I wouldn't expect much.

Is there any chance you had iCloud logged in and perhaps had backups running or even photostream on. You might get something back through those ways.

Otherwise you might have to seek out whether there's a data recovery shop that doesn't iphones in your area. But just know that they might have to take the whole phone apart to get to the drive and you might not get a working phone back. And if Apple can tell someone disassembled the phone they can and possibly will refuse to let you even buy a swap (so dont mention that you had someone do data recovery etc)

3. WojtekPio thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your concerns. I've already tried all such software like iFunBox, Dr.Fone, PhoneView and few others. The main problem is that iPhone is stuck in recovery mode so I also downloaded Tiny Umbrella and RecBoot but it didn't work. There is iReb which is on PC so I'd travel to my office to try this out, but I think it's all lost as you said. Thank you.