iPhone 5 repair woes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lfshammu, Jul 13, 2014.

1. lfshammu macrumors member

This has been a real pain the ass, one I was not expecting from Apple.

I dropped off my iPhone 5 a week ago to repair the sleep button. My phone qualified for the recall. The next day I check the repair status only to find that my phone is ready to pick up! How could that be?? I call in and find out that the repair status was reporting for my loaner phone. Not sure how that was possible, but they told me not to worry. They said I would be getting several emails regarding the status of the repair.

A week has gone by, and no emails. I give them a call, the woman talks to her supervisor, who says that the repair will actually take a month!

I looked it up (https://ssl.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/)

"The replacement process takes approximately 4-6 days from the time your iPhone is received at the repair center until it is returned to you"

What should I do? Call back and complain again? Just wait and hope I get some kind of info on my phone?

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Just be patient. Really depends on how many units in for repair at your local service depot.

3. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I would call back, ask for a manager and let them know a month is unacceptable.

4. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If you are still within your warranty period, you can call them and ask for a replacement phone.

If it's OOW/recall, you're limited to having it repaired. It's most likely a stock issue. Ultimately, if you have a loaner phone - I don't see the problem?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you say they gave you a loaner?
    Just wait, you won't die waiting an extra few days without your original iphone.

6. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I was under the assumption you had to take it to your local Apple store or send it to Apple for the replacement ofd the button. I don't see anywhere where the OP has said where he took it. If I am wrong please excuse me but that is what i read. Why would Apple have a recall and not expect you to let them handle it unless they instructed otherwise.