iPhone 5 running iOS 6 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iOSUser7, Dec 23, 2014.

1. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

Hi,
    I'm getting tired of the new iOS flat design so I'm thinking of selling my iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1.2) and buying an iPhone 5 running iOS 6 so I need some advice. Is it certain that a sealed iPhone 5 is running iOS 6 or it can run another version ? I remember I bought an iPhone 5 at the beginning of this year with plastic and everything and it was running iOS 7.0.3 but the box was already opened so the seller could have updated it himself.
    Also, I'm living in Europe (France) where can I find one easily ? Stores or Internet ?
    Thanks for the answers guys and have a nice day !

2. lrsone macrumors 6502

lrsone

After iOS 7 released a lot of the iPhone 5's sold brand new online and in stores started coming with iOS 7 so there's no guarantee that a sealed iPhone 5 would come with iOS 6. I actually think it'll be pretty difficult to find one at this point. Unless you find someone with a used iPhone 5 with iOS 6 on it then I would say you're out of luck.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well I don't know. They stopped selling the iPhone 5 when the 5s was released. So I would say the chances of getting iOS 6 on a sealed iPhone 5 is pretty damn good.

4. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ