iPhone 5/s rubber cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by petsounds, Sep 26, 2013.

1. petsounds macrumors 65816

Can someone recommend a (tasteful) soft rubber case for the 5/s? I seriously cannot find one. I ordered a Skech Hard Rubber case, but that was basically a hard shell with thin rubber coating.

I've had an incase "ping-pong" rubber case on my 4s, it's amazing and still looks like the day I got it. But incase no longer sell any rubber cases. No one does! And I don't get it, because these hard shell cases offer no drop protection from glass cracking.

Please help!

2. 1981d macrumors 6502

I got a nice RocketFish at bestbuy. It's clear so I can still admire the phone in the case. That coupled with a zagg screen protector and the phone has a nice rubbery feel to it.

3. Lyshen macrumors 6502

I got the Spigen Tough Armor, it's not really soft rubber but soft enough and supposedly pretty good drop protection.

Paired that with screen protector.

4. petsounds thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm, I looked it up...apparently made of "TPU" which I see a lot of cases are made from. But this isn't really rubber right, more of a soft plastic?

5. 1981d macrumors 6502

Hmmm... The consistency is pretty rubbery. It may not be rubber chemically, but it feels just like the little clear stopper mouth thingy you use when you blow up a beach ball or pool float.

----------

Also, the store packaging comes right apart, I took it out and put it on my phone before buying it, just to see how it fit. If I hadn't of liked it I could have easily put it back in the container with no damage to the packaging.

6. defboob macrumors member

check out the magpul iphone 5 field case, available on amazon. Dirt cheap at like 11 bucks and it's fantastic, rave reviews.

I got one for my 5S and i'm definitely happy with it.

7. greg555 macrumors 6502a

The Zoogue cases are TPU but they are textured and don't feel slippery like cheap TPU cases. They aren't overly soft like silicone cases.

I've had a black Zoogue one on my 4S for two years and it's perfect.

8. petsounds thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm, that sounds promising. And yeah, good idea, I think I'll hit up a Best Buy. Thanks for the suggestion!

I've always had rubber cases, I've had six models of iPhones since the first one, and though more than a few have landed on concrete, never got cracked glass. I don't know why soft rubber has suddenly gone out of fashion...

9. WhoBitTheApple macrumors newbie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121174290599?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I bought this case. I thought it was going to be like soft plastic and not that good, but hey for 3 bucks might as well try.

To my surprise, the case feels like a hybrid between plastic and silicone. It's firm, and flexible. Plus, the back of it is clear so you can see what color iPhone you have. Also, the sides have texture so the phone won't slip out of your hands.

10. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Actually the new apple leather cases. I got one and to be honest it feels more rubber then leather. Excellent fit and suit the phone

11. petsounds thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm vegetarian, so I don't do leather. I'm actually kind of pissed that Apple's only case for the 5s is based around animal slaughter, but I know I'm in the minority on that opinion.

I would have just picked up a 5c case, as I think those might be rubber plus I dig the colors, but I've heard they don't fit the 5s.

12. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Nope they will not fit the 5s. I'm sure u can get one on, but the 5c is different dimensions. Go aftermarket . Though I highly doubt the leather ones are leather :) it really does feel like good quality rubber.

13. oaktree macrumors regular

I saw a couple at the Fossil outlet yesterday.