Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motrek

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Hey guys. Trying to buy a case for a friend's new iPhone SE.

Goals: thin, clear, TPU, doesn't cover buttons

The idea is to make it less slippery (any TPU case will do that I think) and also protect the metal from scratches. Not too concerned with drop protection.

I can find a bajillion iPhone 6 cases on Amazon that meet these goals but it seems like all the iPhone 5/SE cases I can find cover the volume and lock buttons. :(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
powersupport air jacket or switcheasy nude lite

both are quality polycarbonate instead of that cheap yellowing tpu

Cooljam

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2016
Did you check casebly cases? I had mine from it last week. Good price quality relationship

motrek

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
powersupport air jacket or switcheasy nude lite

both are quality polycarbonate instead of that cheap yellowing tpu

Thanks for the polycarbonate idea, although I know somebody who switched from an expensive polycarbonate case to a TPU case after a few months because the polycarbonate one became scratched very easily and frankly looked pretty crap after just a month or two. It also started cracking around the thinnest piece between the hole for the camera and the top bit after a few weeks (it wasn't dropped) and after a few months, chips of it were coming off around that crack. It was literally falling apart. The much cheaper TPU case has worked well for the last ~2 years although at this point it is showing some minor discoloration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.