Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qwertylizer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Europe
Help needed! Last night I put the iPhone charging as usual. However at the morning the battery percentage was even lower. So it didn't charge at all. Now it is 0 % and the phone is dead. It still says it is charging but actually isn't. Now I can't even turn it on because it only shows the charging symbol.

I already tried different cables and chargers (all Apple).

I also tried to restore the phone on iTunes. It actually installs the software but after that turns off and won't turn on again. So I couldn't even restore it from the backup...

Is the problem the battery or something worse? Thank you.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
It's more than likely the battery, possibly the charging port. Apple have a repair program for the batteries in the iPhone 5: https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone5-battery/

As such it would be best to pop into an Apple Store for them to take a look at it, though preferably check your serial number first on the website listed. If it's the battery and you're eligible, they'll give you a new iPhone 5. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.