iPhone 5:Screen cover or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chapstick911, Nov 21, 2012.

1. chapstick911 macrumors newbie

I bought a SPG screen protector and I just could not get it on without dust/lint/feathers/air getting in between so it woulld always look crappy. Is a screen cover really necessary(I have never dropped a phone before)?

2. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I bought the spigen GlastR for my 5. It's great. In order to get the dust off the plastic screen protectors, you have to set the phone on a moist towel to keep lint away from the phone. I bought the Power Support anti glare at first before the Glas tR and it come with a pre installation film, (a mild sticker), to use to pull lint and debris off the glass of the phone and from the film itself. That's really the only way to get the dust particles out. Some people swear that the iPhone's glass will not scratch, but it will. Most keep their phone in the front pocket with keys or change, that will scratch the glass. I always keep a protector on mine. It's an OCD thing. I like to keep mine looking new. Better resale! www.spigen.com has the GlastR for $34.99, not bad for a piece of tempered glass. It is .4mm thick. Some cases won't work with it, but many will.