iPhone 5 screen glitch

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Drake2501, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Drake2501 macrumors newbie

Phone was purchased from Apple store in MA in Oct, 2012. Has worked smoothly but two days ago while being charged (Apple charger), phone started displaying thick blue vertical lines. Was still working tho with poor screen but now it has stopped working. What could be the problem? In South Asia, no genius in sight. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm no expert, but I suspect that the GPU failed. Has it ever been subjected to liquid damage?

3. thegreati macrumors regular

Whenever I've seen this issue it was the result of a bad LCD. I think you can get the entire glass/LCD assembly replaced for a bit over $100. You can even goto a local shop to simply just ask for a diagnosis as to what is wrong with it.

4. Drake2501 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your responses. There was no water damage. In fact, not even a scratch on the phone so it's an internal fail. The phone was completely unusable yesterday but after receiving a call, I am using it with a flickering screen. Will find if the LCD needs replacing from a shop here although that costs $250 here. Had read on the net that a screen glitch could occur due to "a capacitator" problem. Hence, posted here before going for the expensive LCD replacement. Thanks!!