Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saccento

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
New Jersey
I noticed my screen is loose or something. If I press down on either the left or right top corner I hear a pop and it sort of snaps. Any else have this going on?

I'm getting a replacement anyway for other issues, but I thought I would bring this up as I haven't heard of it before.

saccento

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
New Jersey
Mine did the same, took it in and they replaced it quick quickly.

I just got my replacement and not only did it have another chip or "scuff", the screen is doing the same thing.

Can anyone press down on the upper left corner and see if this happens to yours as well?

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
I saw this thread so tried pushing on the corners of my screen and the top right made the clicking sound. It was in my incipio frequency case though so I took it out and tried again and clicking sound was gone. It must of been the phone touching the case making the clicking sound. For people with this issue is it happening in or out of being in a case? Thought I was going to have to make a genius appointment for a sec, whew. My black 5 is flawless and didn't want to risk getting a ding, scratched, or flawed replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.