iPhone 5 screen protection with Macally Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tomforti, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Tomforti macrumors newbie

So I'm looking to order the Macally aluminum bumper alumrib5B. It looks super sexy. I hear that it can cause a drop in the LTE signal. In the past with the IPhone 4 the zagg shield worked great to fix this problem any one have the macally case that can provide feedback on this part?
    The other problem is I hate the way the zagg feels and looks after a month of having it on my phone. Back when I first used zagg it was the only thing around like it, 3-4 years ago. I know now better protection is out there I just don't know which one is the thinnest and would work with the aluminum bumper I am looking to get. I think the glass like protection would make my phone look great but I need back protection and its too thick. My thought weighs heavy on picking between the ghost aroumor or the bodyguardz and to take it a step further bodyguardz has a case friendly model. Would this work better with the bumper? Any feedback finding protection for front, back and side; that will also be thin and allow my screen to look as great as the iPhone 5 retna display should be; O and that my fingers can slide on the phone smoothly like the original screen unlike that zagg that your fingers stick to like glue. Sorry zagg uses to love your product and bought skins for about 20 phones between my family and me but now I have a deep resentment knowing better skins have come around.

2. Tomforti thread starter macrumors newbie

So I went to best buy today and found an open Zagg HD skin box. I felt the HD skin and was impressed with how it felt. Was nothing like the original zagg skin. It was nice and smooth and no sticky feeling. In fact I like the feel better then ghost armor. Still have the question of long term use problems like the original zagg skins. Still not sure how it compares to bodyguardz or even sgp. Really looking that smooth thin feeling.