iphone 5 screen protector discoloration

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tim100, Feb 27, 2013.

1. tim100 macrumors 65816

i have a white iphone 5 with a invisibleshield screen protector. i use the bose sport headphones it came with a reebok fitness armband. both are orange. today i noticed that the screen protector is turning orange. anyone else have this experience? if i remove the screen protector will it discolor the actual phone?

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

That's just the nature of those types of screen protectors. They absorb dye.

Use regular clear or anti-glare ones.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

InvisibleShield's material get discolored rather easily. (How can one stand the orange peel?) It'll probably pick up the dye from your jeans if you keep your device in your pockets as well. I would invested in other reputable brands such as Powersupport, SGP, or even some inexpensive PET films.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Your phone isn't made from the same material as the IS.

My experience has been the same with them. One reason why I don't use them. Never had this problem with SGP or Power Support.

Different people have different priorities.

5. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Right now i have a Bestskinsever screen protector on mine, and while it does have a slight orange peel effect, it's not nearly as bad as Zagg, and is only really noticable when the screen is off

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

iphone 5 screen protector discoloration

The tech srmor screen protectors are the best ones sold on amazon. Their lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty. They don't ask for why your asking, they just send a replacement 3 pack. I have about 6-7 extra replacement packs for my friends if they ever need them or if i am bored i can put a new one on(sound weird, i know). They are high quality and last very long if you install it correctly.i have these fir my iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5. [​IMG]
    Highly recommend!!!

Tech Armor iPhone 5 Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector [3-Pack] - Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B008THTTUI

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

7. ihakim macrumors member

Stop promoting your product. You only have four posts on this account and every single one is about the HAGZ screen protector. You've been going around resurrecting old threads and continually posting about it.

8. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

Spigen GlasTr Slim.

All the soft protectors I've owned needed to be replaced at some point or another. Get a good glass protector and forget about it.

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Best and only screen protector I will ever own. Spigen Glas.tR Slim