iPhone 5 screen protector.....made of glass?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dan Brown, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Dan Brown macrumors newbie

Anyone used a glass screen protector before? I've always believed in using screen protectors and always use those cheaper plastic protectors. Gives me a headache every time I install it and use it. Makes me crazy when I see those air bubbles!

Saw online that there is this new glass screen protector, bought it, and oh boy, what a surprise! Love love it. So easy to install, no air bubbles, and feels good when you "glide" your finger on the screen :)

And it is red! Gives my iPhone a new look.

Attached Files:

2. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

Never used one until I got this Bodyguardz last week. I can't see myself using anything other than a glass screen protector now.

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

Because ? tell us more :)

4. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I just love the feel and clarity of the glass

5. Dan Brown thread starter macrumors newbie

I do agree....The brand I bought is Good Gadget

6. Gypsy36 macrumors regular

7. wxman2003, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  8. Mellisaray macrumors regular

glass protector, really funny, i will come to have a try, i also have the same trouble as using the plastic one.:p

9. maxosx macrumors 68020

I've tried nearly every quality brand of plastic screen protector in the past. I'm lucky, I can install them easily, without bubbles, and properly aligned so that's not the problem.

For me, the issue is the fact that they simply were too much of a compromise visually, even though people swear they "can't tell it's there".

Fact is it's an extra two surfaces that you have to look through, as well as the fact it kills the extraordinarily great tactile feedback from Apple's Oleophobic coating.

While glass still creates the extra surfaces to look through, by nature the properties are such that they should be superior. Question is, how easily to they crack or break upon impact IF dropped?

In reading the various manufacturers web pages on their glass protectors, none of them addresses drops.

Last week I witnessed a guy drop his caseless iPad on the tile floor in Starbucks, only to survive with nothing more than a very small dent in the aluminum corner. Not only that it landed face down on the glass and slid for about three feet. With no protector on the glass it was not fazed.

Talk about durable? We were all expecting far worse. That's a heck of a testimony to the structural rigidity.