iPhone 5 Screen starts to bleed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bushido, Jun 4, 2015.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

any idea whats causing this? it started out with a tiny border around the whole screen and now its spreading like cancer. i barely use the phone anymore but i am still wondering and hope this wont happen to my iPhone 6 as time goes on

Attached Files:

2. VO2Max macrumors member

As of last night I've just given up on my iPhone 5 and all its hardware issues. Ironically I've had no problems with the software updates at all. I've had the phone since launch day and I would except a device as expensive as the iphone is to last more than 2.5 years. I'm not into upgrading every year or two, it's not necessary for me to do so.

3. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

That would be a condition many of us suffer from, including me! Not as severe as changing the phone multiple times in a year to choose which you prefer. 3G: 3GS, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 Plus. Aiming for a gold 6S Plus or whatever this year! With regards to this display issue, try calling up Apple and seeing what they have to say. I honestly would not know where to start! But possibly try a restore to be sure it is not software related just in case?

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

A friend of mine had that happen to their Black/Slate 16GB Verizon iPhone 5. They handed me the phone to show me something and I immediately noticed the line green border around the screen. I said "Why does your screen look so bad?" And he said "What do you mean?"

He somehow never noticed it but now that I told him he can't get his eyes off it lol. Oops.

Anyway, I don't know what exactly would cause this. Maybe extensive screen-on time? Almost as if the display is "wearing out"? I have no idea to be honest.