iPhone 5 Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony4114, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Anthony4114 macrumors newbie

So i began to have this problem where the bottom of my iPhone 5 screen started flickering so i restored to bew no backup ir anything and it still did it so i began to think it was hardware related something with my LCD but then i restored again and it went away so i don't get it. This has been going on for awhile because i had to restore few more times and everytime i restore it happens so i end up having to do another restore after each restore just so i can get rid of the flickering screen. What is this problem?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would say you have a hardware problem and reloading the software/OS over and over will not fix it!

3. Anthony4114 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i know that won't fix it but i had to restore a few times from jailbreak problems. I'm debating to restore again because a new version of the jailbreak came out and has a fix that i want but don't feel like running into this flickering issue again since it only happens to me when i restore my iPhone.

4. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Simplest solution would be to take to an Apple store and let them determine definitively whether or not it is a hardware problem. Beats spinning your wheels for weeks only to find out it is not software related. :)

5. Anthony4114 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah true i just don't feel like removing my jailbreak for them to look at my phone.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I experience this after a clean install, but only when setting up the country and basic settings etc. Once set-up and I'm at the home screen, the flickering lower screen stops. I was told it is perfectly normal on the i5 :-/

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There was some horizonal lines and static that were a problem with iOS 6.0 when it was first released. Since that was the original OS for the iPhone 5, perhaps that's what you are thinking of? iOS 6.0.1 fixed that.

But, if not, and you are being told that whatever the problem is is normal, I have to disagree. My iPhone 5 is on iOS 6.1 and I've had it for the last year and eleven months and it's never had any screen issues.

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

iOS7 only, and *only* whilst setting up the language and basic settings after a clean install. No flickering after that.