iPhone 5 service issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by idigitaltom, Jan 23, 2015.

1. idigitaltom macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have an iPhone 5 which has been customized with a gold housing. Before I changed it, the phone was owned by my friend and was completely stock. it had no issues. After purchasing and changing the housing, I couldn't even put my SIM in as it was locked. It has now been unlocked by I am finding that the top left simply reads ' No service'. I have replaced both the carrier antenna and the associated flex ribbons that run from the bottom to the top of the logic board (the 2 thin ones). It still isn't working and can't find an solution.

I hope you can help me fix this!

Tom

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

How did you have the phone Unlocked ?

If you've replaced / fitted the parts you could have inadvertently caused an issue.

3. idigitaltom thread starter macrumors newbie

It was unlocked by the carrier and the whole bottom section (ariel, speakers, headphone jack etc...) of the phone was replaced as this part came fitted to the aftermarket housing.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You messed up somewhere with the connections.
    Bring it to someone who knows how to repair them. Apple will not touch it with the heavy hardware modifications you did to it.
    Next time leave it alone.

5. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

iPhone 5 service issue

I wonder if it was working before the mods??? Hmm, could of bought gold
    case I just reread OP post... It's even sadder than I thought as OP said no issues before.. Hmm

6. idigitaltom thread starter macrumors newbie

I know how to fix them, just was confused as this has never been the case before. Tried my girlfriends SIM in it and it worked so I think I just need to give Virgin a ring and make sure my Micro SIM is activated. :p