iPhone 5 shocking me

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by flimzy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. flimzy macrumors regular

Long story short my phone has had 0 storage for 3 months now until i cleared space last week. I cleared space cuz it started SEVERELY Glitching 2 weeks ago. I dont have time to explain what happened, but it glitched bad and my phone almost looked like it broke kind of. It was slow, apps froze, and things were unresponsive. Then last week everytime i touch my phone i feel tingles in my finger or even a burn, almost like a shock. This has happened quite frequently and im worried now. Do you think this is just anxiety or is this actual shock? I just dont wanna get potentially hurt. I tend to be anxious sometimes, but even my chest has started hurting and my heartbeat has slowed down. BTW: this is not when my phone is being charged, just regular use.

2. jacobclause macrumors member

I would stop using the phone, and take it to an apple store immediately.

3. magilla macrumors regular

Unless you take the time to specify "glitched bad and it almost looked like it broke kind of" it's pretty hard to speculate what's going on.

What iOS version are you running?

"...almost looked like it broke kind of" What's that mean? Which "things were unresponsive"? Keyboard on the phone? Apps? Certain areas of the touch screen?

When you were getting your "tingles" or "burn" sensation, what area or part of the phone were you touching? Were you holding it in the palm of you hand like you'd normally do when dialing from the keypad? Were you touching any particular area of the phone? Is the battery new or was it recently replaced?

Short of taking it to an Apple Store and asking them about your "problems"
    I don't know if anyone here could diagnose this with what you've already posted.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Take it to the apple store. If you can zap some people there no matter what the warranty they will probably give you a new one.

5. magilla macrumors regular

How could you "zap" someone with 3.8v (the stated battery rating from Apple)? You'd have to run it up through a Van-de-Graff generator to produce anything appreciable. Sure, the battery COULD short out and cause a conductive burn but shocking someone? Not really unless you covered your hands with electro-conductive gel like they use for AEDs.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Not legitimitely zap them but what this person is describing

7. magilla macrumors regular

Sounds more like the Fone is set to vibrate.