iPhone 5 Siri Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 87am, Sep 24, 2012.

1. 87am macrumors regular

I just upgraded from the 4, so I didn't really have much experience with Siri. The times I've tried to use it it works maybe 1 out of 10 times. What Siri shows I said on the screen is usually very accurate, but then the icon just spins for around 20 seconds and Siri comes back with something along the lines of "there was a problem, try again?". I have very fast LTE speeds, and every time this occurred I have checked and browsing the internet, etc all work completely fine. I have tried all sorts of commands such as "search x" or "what are the AFC east standings." Also have reset the device, tried toggling airplane mode and all that. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. SixStrings1985 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same exact problem. All the functions work perfectly when used manually, but Siri can't do anything sometimes. I haven't tried a restore yet, and I hope it's not a programming glitch that will take months to fix.

3. threezero macrumors 6502

probably just becuz the server is probably swamp right now with alot of new user trying out the service. Was the same at 4s launch wouldn't really worry about it.

However try asking siri what your plan is for monday it don't recognize it but any other day such as tuesday wednesday etc works fine.