iPhone 5 Skins -- Crystal vs. Matte

NightMoose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
Let's leave screen protectors out of this and consider only back and side protection. How do you guys feel about both? I find that "shiny" or "clear" skins look like they're covered in saran wrap. I haven't seen many skins in real life, but they all appear to reflect light making them very noticeable (BSE, SPG, GA, etc.)

I've recently discovered matte skins but I haven't found too many out there. Here is the most recent photo of the matte phantom skinz matte I could find on this site. Does anyone have experiences with matte skins? Does BSE have a matte skin? The phantom skinz looks great but feel free to recommend others. It appears that SPG had a matte skin for the 4/4S but I don't think I can keep my iPhone 5 naked while I wait for them to release one for the 5.

Which look do you prefer?

CowboysFan

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Let's leave screen protectors out of this and consider only back and side protection. How do you guys feel about both? I find that "shiny" or "clear" skins look like they're covered in saran wrap. I haven't seen many skins in real life, but they all appear to reflect light making them very noticeable (BSE, SPG, GA, etc.)

I've recently discovered matte skins but I haven't found too many out there. Here is the most recent photo of the matte phantom skinz matte I could find on this site. Does anyone have experiences with matte skins? Does BSE have a matte skin? The phantom skinz looks great but feel free to recommend others. It appears that SPG had a matte skin for the 4/4S but I don't think I can keep my iPhone 5 naked while I wait for them to release one for the 5.

Which look do you prefer?
Well matte skins are even more noticeable.