iPhone 5 Sleep button suddenly having issues...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by benji888, Dec 19, 2012.

1. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

Hey, just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?? I got my iPhone 5 (black/16) sept. 21st and just over the last few days I have this intermittent problem, when I press the sleep button, it sometimes does not work. Also, sometimes I push and hold it to turn it off and it acts like I just pressed and let go.:confused: NO I have not dropped the phone or abused it in any way, NO nothing is different. It acted this way w/iOS 6.0.1 & 6.0.2. ...This is the first iPhone in almost 4 years that I've had a problem with this (or any) button...never before.

Anyone else have this problem?

Should I take it to Apple, have it replaced?

2. Zimpaz macrumors regular

I am having this exact issue! Nothing has changed, its not been dropped and every now and then the button doesnt work

3. benji888 thread starter macrumors 68000

benji888

Anyone else??? Only 2 people have this issue?? ...if so, I think I am off to the Apple store as soon as I can go (not close).

4. randystand macrumors 6502

I have this problem too. Have a Genius Bar appointment for Saturday morning.

5. DME24 macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 will not always sleep

I have also experienced the intermittent problem of my iPhone 5 failing to drift to sleep. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't the button has no effect.