iPhone iPhone 5 slowing because of jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 6825924, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 6825924 Suspended

Hi all
    I had the evasion jailbreak on my iPhone, my first jailbroken phone, but I actually didn't like the feeling of having a jailbroken iPhone, don't ask me why, I did download a considerable amount of packages with the jailbreak though.
    So I restored my iPhone but I noticed my iPhone slowed down, especially when I open the settings app. It really takes like a second or a little bit more to open.
    Is there a possibility the packages are still on the phone or anything else that could cause this?

Thanks in advance

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. 6825924 thread starter Suspended

Can I get passed this by backing up on iCloud and then restoring? There's a lot of information on my iPhone I'd like to keep...

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you talking content ?

Restoring content is different than restore to backup.
    iTunes has tabs to restore content.
    Content (contacts, bookmarks, music, movies, photos, books) are safe to restore.

5. 6825924 thread starter Suspended

I'd like to keep my messages too but it is not a necissity to keep them...
    Could you please tell me how to put the content back on the phone after setting it up as a new device? Thanks

6. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I didn't think any jailbreak data was backed up when using iCloud or iTunes. I always restore from my last backup whenever I want to get rid of a jailbreak and it seems to work fine.

Edit: I did delete all the packages with Cydia before I restored, though.

7. oplix Suspended

oplix

Thought I would throw this in there..your phone will slow down a little if your storage is almost full. Reason is that the way flash memory works. After a certain % of storage gets filled, it will take a little longer for the file system to access the requested files.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No offense, but if you don't know how to do this why did you think you'd maintain a jailbreak without installing crap programs that would slow the phone down?

If you haven't mastered the basics why are you using your phone like a "power user"?

9. 6825924 thread starter Suspended

Trial and error:) learned alot and in this is process I learned the basics, I think.
    Everything works fine again

10. headcase, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

If you restore your phone, then jailbreak again, then reinstall your backup, you'll notice that most if not all of your settings from your Cydia tweaks will still be there. Kind of a nice feature, should it be your last jailbreak setup was stable. That said, if your last jailbreak setup was unstable, you'd want to just restore content only from your last backup.

----------

Everyone has to start somewhere. ;-)

Btw, don't be afraid to try again with a clean DFU restored phone, 6.1.2, and evasi0n 1.4. You might be pleasantly surprised to see it working smooth as buttah. Got 5 devices in my family running rock solid.