iPhone 5 Sock

jabij1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I plan on not using a case with my 5 when it arrives but I do want a sock like pouch to keep it in when in the car. I'd like to place it in the cup holder while it's charging or plugged into aux without fear of scratches etc and a sock would be the fastest option in terms of taking it out and in. Something a la the ipod socks made by Apple from a while back. Any suggestions?

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
You could just literally use a sock... while usually they aren't perfectly sized for you phone, some scissors and a bit of thread will go a long way.

Otherwise, idk if iPhone 5 socks are around yet but you could always look for socks designed for other phones like the GS3 and what not that have a similar height to the iPhone 5 :)

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
You could check out ColcaSac's website. I keep my phone naked except for when I toss it in my purse, where it's snuggly tucked in a ColcaSac sleeve. They're sorta bulky, so they're not really practical to be stuck into pockets, but if you're just looking for something to tuck it into occasionally, they're great.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
I plan on not using a case with my 5 when it arrives but I do want a sock like pouch to keep it in when in the car. I'd like to place it in the cup holder while it's charging or plugged into aux without fear of scratches etc and a sock would be the fastest option in terms of taking it out and in. Something a la the ipod socks made by Apple from a while back. Any suggestions?
I found this nice pouch that reminded me of the Apple socks. I ordered one and should be coming soon. It's nice and simple. It comes in different colors as well.

http://www.fabrixcases.com/product/jet-black

jabij1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
You could check out ColcaSac's website. I keep my phone naked except for when I toss it in my purse, where it's snuggly tucked in a ColcaSac sleeve. They're sorta bulky, so they're not really practical to be stuck into pockets, but if you're just looking for something to tuck it into occasionally, they're great.
Wow totally missed your post. Good call on ColcaSac, I think I'm gonna go for the Zagora. Those images posted enticed me :)

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
Wow totally missed your post. Good call on ColcaSac, I think I'm gonna go for the Zagora. Those images posted enticed me :)
The Zagora is the one I have!

Hope you love it! I saw a post in the sleeves thread talking about them and now I'm hooked on this company! I can't wait to get one for my iPad, and I really love the messenger bag they sell as well.

jabij1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
The Zagora is the one I have!

Hope you love it! I saw a post in the sleeves thread talking about them and now I'm hooked on this company! I can't wait to get one for my iPad, and I really love the messenger bag they sell as well.
I ended up getting the Zagora MacBook Air sleeve as well. These things are too cool. You have the Zagora for the iPhone 5 correct? How is the fit? Does the phone sit inside completely or stick out a bit?

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
I ended up getting the Zagora MacBook Air sleeve as well. These things are too cool. You have the Zagora for the iPhone 5 correct? How is the fit? Does the phone sit inside completely or stick out a bit?
It fits really well, and completely covers the entire phone. The phone fits snuggly and stays put, but after a while it did get a bit looser from wear, but my phone always stays put when it's inside my bag or sitting on a car seat or something. It's also really soft to the touch, and feels like a really high quality product. I'm honestly blown away by the $15 price for these things, because they could sell it for $30 or higher and I'd still think it was worth the money.

Post about your MacBook Air sleeve in the Notebook accessories forum when you get it! I'd love to know what you think about it.

jabij1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
It fits really well, and completely covers the entire phone. The phone fits snuggly and stays put, but after a while it did get a bit looser from wear, but my phone always stays put when it's inside my bag or sitting on a car seat or something. It's also really soft to the touch, and feels like a really high quality product. I'm honestly blown away by the $15 price for these things, because they could sell it for $30 or higher and I'd still think it was worth the money.

Post about your MacBook Air sleeve in the Notebook accessories forum when you get it! I'd love to know what you think about it.
Will do :)