iPhone 5 Sock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jabij1, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jabij1 macrumors member

I plan on not using a case with my 5 when it arrives but I do want a sock like pouch to keep it in when in the car. I'd like to place it in the cup holder while it's charging or plugged into aux without fear of scratches etc and a sock would be the fastest option in terms of taking it out and in. Something a la the ipod socks made by Apple from a while back. Any suggestions?

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

You could just literally use a sock... while usually they aren't perfectly sized for you phone, some scissors and a bit of thread will go a long way.

Otherwise, idk if iPhone 5 socks are around yet but you could always look for socks designed for other phones like the GS3 and what not that have a similar height to the iPhone 5 :)

3. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

You could check out ColcaSac's website. I keep my phone naked except for when I toss it in my purse, where it's snuggly tucked in a ColcaSac sleeve. They're sorta bulky, so they're not really practical to be stuck into pockets, but if you're just looking for something to tuck it into occasionally, they're great.

4. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

5. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I found this nice pouch that reminded me of the Apple socks. I ordered one and should be coming soon. It's nice and simple. It comes in different colors as well.

http://www.fabrixcases.com/product/jet-black

6. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Case+SGP ultra crystal screen protector=no scratches and no sock

7. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

9. jabij1 thread starter macrumors member

Haha those are awesome. Thanks.

10. MistaGavin macrumors member

MistaGavin

11. jabij1 thread starter macrumors member

Wow totally missed your post. Good call on ColcaSac, I think I'm gonna go for the Zagora. Those images posted enticed me :)

12. konicky macrumors member

The Clean it Universal sock fits the 5 nicely and is cheap too.

13. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

The Zagora is the one I have!

Hope you love it! I saw a post in the sleeves thread talking about them and now I'm hooked on this company! I can't wait to get one for my iPad, and I really love the messenger bag they sell as well.

14. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

OMG! Those are absolutely adorable! I'm really loving the last one! It looks all snuggly and soft inside. Makes me want to cuddle inside it too :D

15. jabij1 thread starter macrumors member

I ended up getting the Zagora MacBook Air sleeve as well. These things are too cool. You have the Zagora for the iPhone 5 correct? How is the fit? Does the phone sit inside completely or stick out a bit?

16. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

They just pulled it out a bit for the photos, it's completely protected:
    [​IMG]

17. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

18. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

It fits really well, and completely covers the entire phone. The phone fits snuggly and stays put, but after a while it did get a bit looser from wear, but my phone always stays put when it's inside my bag or sitting on a car seat or something. It's also really soft to the touch, and feels like a really high quality product. I'm honestly blown away by the $15 price for these things, because they could sell it for $30 or higher and I'd still think it was worth the money.

Post about your MacBook Air sleeve in the Notebook accessories forum when you get it! I'd love to know what you think about it.

19. jabij1 thread starter macrumors member

Will do :)

20. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Shouldn't you be able to fluff up the inner lining so it stays put again?