iPhone 5 Speaker Placement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dmunjal, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

If we are going to get a thinner teardrop style phone, does this mean they will have to move the speaker to the back like the iPad 2? I leave my phone on the table while I listen to music or use the speaker phone and that can't be good for the speaker to be muffled against the back of the phone.

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That's actually something I never considered with the wedge design mockups. I don't think Apple will be going with such an extreme wedge design like we're seek in these ugly mockups. There may be a very slight decrease toward the bottom, but the speakers should still fit.
    (this is all speculation, of course, since I don't have any inside knowledge about the iPhone 5 design).

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I have the iPod touch 4 and the sound is pretty good I do think the iPhone sound is better.

5. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

If so, it's not a bad thing... works as a natural amplifier. Try it with the iPad 2. Lay it flat with music on (or better, slightly slanted with cover) then listen to the different when picked up. Almost half the volume because the sound has nothing to bounce off.

6. katana92 macrumors member

katana92

7. brodas macrumors regular

It will not be called the 4s im tired of that nonsense

8. smotheredhope macrumors regular

Who cares what it is called. It's gonna be an S upgrade none the less. There is no major redesign just the "4S" sPecs.

Shame on you apple.