iPhone 5 speaker volume low after spill

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by samclarke669, Oct 22, 2012.

1. samclarke669 macrumors newbie

Hi all.

So, i stupidly spilled some sauce on my phone on Friday night, didn't think much of it at the time, wiped it all off and all was well. I noticed the next morning when i was watching a video that the sound was really low, even with the volume all the way up. I did a bit of Googling, and it looks like i could have tripped the liquid sensor? My only concern is, because it's more of a sauce type substance is that its stuck somewhere.

Has anyone got any ideas? This is my work phone but obviously it won't be covered under warranty!

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Sam

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Have you tested the sound with other applications like Music, Pandora or even another video? If it is low across all apps, then your speaker may have bitten the dust.

In previous iPhones, the liquid indicator was in the 30-pin port. Since it's now Lightning, I can't tell if it's in the same place or not since it's hard to see in there.

Did you get AppleCare+? If not, you may take it to an Apple Store anyway and explain what happened. They may just replace your phone. The worst they can say is no. Just don't lie, be honest and tell them what happened.